Oklahoma City Council Elections March 3
Oklahoma City residents will head to the polls on March 3 to elect council representation for wards 2, 6 and 8. The general election, if needed, will be April 7. Those elected will be sworn in on April 14.
Ward 5 councilman David Greenwell was automatically re-elected because he drew no opposition in his ward.
The following candidates have filed with the Oklahoma County Election Board and the City Clerk’s Office:
Ward 2: James Cooper, Major L. Jemison, John Riley, Ed Shadid (incumbent)
Ward 6: Dario Alvarado, Meg Salyer (incumbent), Bob Waldrop
Ward 8: Steve Curry, John Alan Ederer, Mark Stonecipher
Council members serve four-year terms with an annual salary of $12,000.
The qualifications for City Council are as follows:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a three-year resident of Oklahoma City
- Must be a six-month resident of the ward filing in
- Must be a qualified voter in Oklahoma City