Green Home Loan
Oklahoma City homeowners wanting to save money on their electric and gas bill by making their home more energy efficient can apply for a green home loan offered through the City of Oklahoma City.
The loans are offered to Oklahoma City residents whose household income is $100,000 or less. Residents can have up to 48 months to pay back their 3% fixed interest rate loan, which can be up to $15,000. Landlords cannot apply for rental properties.
Some of the energy efficient upgrades that can be made with a loan include:
- Installing energy-efficient windows or exterior doors
- Adding more insulation to attic and walls
- Replacing inefficient window air conditioning units with central heat and air
- Installing of a new heat pump
- Replacing a dark-colored roof with a cool roof that reflects the sun
- Purchasing energy efficient appliances
- Upgrading lighting efficiency
- Installing alternative energy
The City’s Residential Energy Efficiency Loan Program is administered by the Community Action Agency.
Residents can apply for a loan by calling the Community Action Agency at (405) 232-0199.