Code Enforcement 101
Tall grass and overgrown weeds? Yard parking? Unsafe and abandoned structures? Inoperable vehicles? Graffiti? What can neighborhoods do to keep their communities free from eyesores and hazards?
Code Enforcement 101 will arm you with the knowledge to identify violations of the City of Oklahoma City’s municipal code and how to effectively report them.
This free event will feature an overview of the City of Oklahoma City’s Action Center. You will also hear from and get a chance to meet, face-to-face, City department and division heads to ask questions and make suggestions.
- Code Enforcement 101
- Thursday, April 23, 2015
- 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Civic Center Music Hall, Meinders Hall of Mirrors
- 201 N. Walker Avenue
- Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Parking downtown is nearby and plentiful.
Departments and divisions you’ll have a chance to talk with include:
- City of Oklahoma City Police Department
- City of Oklahoma City Code Enforcement Division
- City of Oklahoma City Action Center
- City of Oklahoma City Animal Welfare Division
- City of Oklahoma City Housing & Community Development Division
- City of Oklahoma City Storm Water Quality Division
- City of Oklahoma City Solid Waste Management Division
A light supper will be available at 6 p.m.; programming will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a welcome and presentations.
At 7:15 p.m., you will have the opportunity to move to tables with division and department representatives for discussion. Three rounds of these table discussions, each 20 minutes long, will take place; again at 7:35 and finally at 7:55. At 8:15 a wrap-up and farewell will end the event.
The City of Oklahoma City’s Action Center is the key tool to clean up your neighborhood and keep it safe, beautiful and healthy. Register for this event to learn how to use it.