1236 NW 36th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
We are located in the historic old Firehouse Number 11 (Classen Firehouse) on the S.E. corner of NW 36th and N Classen Blvd. Having been at this location since 1984, we feel at home on this corner.
This property, originally built as a private home, was sold in 1923 to the City of OKC by Austin R. Gourley for the sum of $5,000. The City used it as a firehouse until the mid 1940s. We are told it was one of the last firehouses to use horses. The horses were kept in stables in the nearby park.
The beautiful Memorial Park is located directly behind us, and we are situated between two very well organized Neighborhood Associations: Putnam Heights Preservation District to the west and Helm Farm Neighborhood Association to the north.
Click on the map below for interactive features, such as directions.